How can I update my Epson Stylus Pro printer firmware?
- Open a web page and go to https://epson.com/Support/Printers/sh/s1
- Search your printer model
- Make sure you have the right operating system selected
- Select Utilities and download the Remote Panel Utility
- Go back and select Firmware and download the latest version
- Install the Remote Panel utility
- Execute the Firmware download to decompress the files, note the directory where the firmware files are saved.
- Start the Remote Panel Utility, select the right printer model and choose Firmware Updater
- It’s important you don't let the software automatically check for Firmware updates. Simply browse to the firmware files and select it.
- Make sure your printer is selected by checking the box and click update.
Note that the firmware update can take a few minutes. When you get a message on your computer that the update is done the printer actually still as to complete the update and reboot. This is done automatically.
For those who prefer; a detailed YouTube video showing this procedure is also available through this link.